Click on a Committee name to expand the description.
Chairperson: Bryan Haas (The Hastings Group)
Members: Bryan Haas (The Hastings Group), Mick Cato (OTAC), Chalise Shaw-McClaran (IHFA Central Office), Shelby McMillin (IHFA Central Office) and Dana VanMeerhaeghe (IHFA Central Office)
Objective: To recruit tradeshow vendors who can bring value and benefit to the IHFA. To plan and structure an IHFA Annual Meeting for the purpose of reporting the activities and work of the Board to its membership each year as well as providing meaningful interaction between the Associate members with IHFA members, i.e. exhibit.
- To coordinate exhibitor and attendee solicitation with the IHFA office.
- To assist in the planning and execution of the IHFA Annual Meeting.
- To facilitate means in which to promote membership and associate member participation and attendance at the Annual Meeting.
- To report on a monthly basis to the IHFA membership and Board of Directors of activities and work of the Associate Member and Conventions Committee.
- To plan and execute an Associate Member Meeting and dinner.
- To develop ways to underwrite the costs associated with Board of Director Meetings.
- To achieve all budgeted targets for Associate Member and Convention functions.
Chairperson: Jim Reynolds (Sandy’s Management)
Members: Nick Shurgot (Saddle Peak, LLC), Mick Cato (OTAC, Inc.)
Objective:To ensure that all IHFA Members and Associate Members receive factual and timely information on the activities of the Association and other events or factors that have an impact on their business.
- Publish a quarterly member magazine.
- Compile and publish an annual Products & Services Directory.
- Report on activities of the Association, Committees, Board of Directors, and other industry news by the broadcasting of “Breaking News” via email to the IHFA Members on an bi-weekly basis.
Co-Chairpersons: Todd Pahl (Capstone Restaurant Group) & Buddy Brown (Capstone Restaurant Group)
Members: Mike Hancock (Boddie-Noell Enterprises, Inc.), Frank Westermajer (Westar Foods, Inc.), Sam Munger (Doro Inc)
Objective: To work with the franchisor in developing new building designs and future remodel standards; to investigate facilities management opportunities which would benefit franchisees; to communicate with facilities related vendors and assist with cost savings initiatives; and to collect and distribute facilities and maintenance related information.
- To bring facilities related vendors to the IHFA as Associate Members.
- To collect and share facilities and maintenance cost information between franchisees.
- To work with the franchisor in ensuring cost controls are in place for all new prototype buildings and remodel designs in order to make them affordable and profitable to franchisees.
- To attend regular meetings with the franchisor and report back to the IHFA Board of Directors and franchisee members.
- To review facilities opportunities and programs that may be facilitated through the IHFA.
Co-Chairpersons: Kathy Trusch (Boddie Noell Enterprises) & Michel Shay (Hardee’s of SW MO)
Members: Bryan Haas (The Hastings Group), Kim Lucker (Saddle Peak LLC), Julie Pahl (Capstone Restaurant Group), Sandy Fregine (Doro Inc), Chris Wollan (Paradigm)
Objective: To seek out opportunities in all facets of HR which would benefit IHFA members in the areas of recruitment, retention and training of employees and management at the restaurant level, and to share HR ideas, best practices and best resources currently being used which will benefit members and their employees.
- Work with other Committees in order to develop programs which would provide tangible benefits to IHFA members.
- Identify and communicate ideas and programs currently being used in the industry to promote better HR practices in the Hardee’s franchise community.
- Seek out opportunities to enhance membership benefits by capitalizing on the numbers and strength of the IHFA membership (i.e., Investigate insurance opportunities).
- Report to the IHFA Board of Directors monthly on the work of the HR Committee.
- Seek out and provide tools, programs and incentives which would assist members in the recruitment, retention and development of all employees (i.e., Scholarship Program).
- Work to develop and IHFA recognition program for exceptional performance among IHFA members.
- Review and recommend HR resources.
- Stay abreast of and communicate significant legal and legislative issues which directly affect HR.
- Act as a resource to provide pertinent HR articles for IHFA publications.
Chairperson: Jack Kemp (Phase Three Star, LLC)
Members: Bill Boddie (Boddie-Noell Enterprises, Inc.), Paul Cato (OTAC, Inc.), Nick Shurgot (Saddle Peak, LLC)
Objective: To be proactive in legal issues pertaining to Federal and State Franchisee Law; to communicate and provide education to the IHFA Membership regarding legal matters that could potentially impact their business; to take an active role in representing the IHFA Membership on legal matters affecting the franchisee community as a whole; and to monitor and advise membership of the franchisor’s legal documents and the changes therein.
- Responsible for the work associated with the nominating committee for the purpose of supporting the IHFA Board of Directors elections held annually.
- To report on a monthly basis to the IHFA membership and Board of Directors of activities and work of the Legal and Legislative Committee.
Co-Chairpersons: Jerry Allsbrook (Boddie-Noell Enterprises, Inc.) & Mick Cato (OTAC, Inc.)
Members: Sam Munger (Doro, Inc.), Jim Reynolds (Sandy’s Management), Buddy Brown (TriStar Ventures), Tom McGinnis (Heritage Assets), Jack Kemp (Phase Three Star, LLC), and Nick Shurgot (Saddle Peak, LLC)
Objective: Communicate with a recognized and credible voice for the franchisee’s position on marketing activities. Work with HFS and our national and regional advertising agencies to insure that marketing programs and events build sales and profits.
- To maintain a positive relationship and dialogue with HFS in order to provide franchisee input and to gain knowledge of marketing matters pertaining to the Hardee’s® Brand.
- To work jointly with the IHFA Operations Committee, the IHFA Purchasing Committee and HFS to explore ways in which to continue improvement in the Hardee’s® Brand.
- To report on a regular basis to the IHFA membership and Board of Directors of the activities and work of the Marketing Committee.
- To retain involvement in the management and oversight of HNAF funds.
Chairperson: Tim Haberkamp (Haberkamp Fast Foods), Shelby McMillin (IHFA Central Office) and Dana VanMeerhaeghe (IHFA Central Office)
Objective: To maintain IHFA membership at a level which adequately represents the whole Hardee’s® franchisee community, and which demands respect from Hardee’s® Food Systems, Inc.; to structure a complete membership program that will benefit all members with a tangible return on their dues investment; and to source vendors as Associate Members.
- To form a network of personal contacts with each franchisee member and non-member regarding membership opportunities.
- To assist the Tradeshow and Conventions Committee to form ideas and means to increase member participation in the Annual Meeting.
- To report on a monthly basis to the IHFA membership and Board of Directors of activities and work of the Membership Committee.
- To seek new opportunities to provide tangible benefits to IHFA Members.
- To effectively communicate to members the benefits and ROI of membership.
- To Assist in the maintenance of the IHFA Membership database.
- To structure a complete Associate Membership program, that will promote and benefit the relationship of the IHFA Board and that of its members.
- To increase Associate & Franchisee Membership.
- To assist in the maintenance of the Associate Member database and directory.
- To achieve all budgeted targets for Associate & Franchisee Members.
Chairperson: Rob Schmidt (Diamond Hospitality)
Members: Mick Cato (OTAC, Inc.), Tim Haberkamp (Haberkamp Fast Foods), Jack Duckett (Trico Development), Merle Cwiak (Doro, Inc.), Bill Boddie, Jr., Bobby Medlen (Capstone Restaurant Group), Don Wollan (Paradigm Investment Group, LLC) and Pete Bedzyk (Phase Three Star LLC)
Objective: Optimize delivered product quality including hot food; examine operational impact of new products; promote drive-thru service emphasis; seek to improve restaurant financials; explore technology innovations to improve product quality and customer service; represent operational issues of franchisees; and maintain already achieved quality initiatives.
- To develop a relationship and dialogue with HFS so as to provide franchisee input and to gain knowledge of operational matters pertaining to the Hardee’s® Brand.
- To work internally and jointly with the IHFA Marketing Committee to explore means in which to improve the Hardee’s® Brand.
- To report on a monthly basis to the IHFA membership and the Board of Directors of activities and work of the Operations Committee.
Chairperson: Jack Duckett (Trico Development)
Members: Tim Lane (Boddie-Noell Enterprises, Inc.), Bryan Haas (The Hastings Company), Bobby Medlen (River Valley Restaurants)
Objective: To work with and communicate with HFS Purchasing in order to pursue continued economic improvement at the restaurant level; to investigate and facilitate purchasing and co-op opportunities with IHFA Associate Members for the benefit of IHFA Members; to monitor and interact with Associate Members to ensure activities meet with IHFA approval; to publish an Annual Directory of IHFA Associate Members; and to assist the Membership Committee in adding tangible benefits to IHFA Members.
- To develop a relationship and host dialogue with HFS in order to secure a means for providing franchisee input and to gain knowledge of HFS purchasing.
- To report on a monthly basis to the IHFA membership and Board of Directors of activities and work of the Purchasing Committee.
- To work with Associate Members in response to purchasing questions and concerns.
Co-Chairpersons: Bob Larimer (Boddie Noell Enterprises, Inc.) & Nick Shurgot(Saddlepeak)
Members: Mario Valdez (Capstone Restaurant Group), David Pennant-Jones (Paradigm Investment Group), Brian Hogge (Restaurant Management Corp), Steve Fisher (Doro Inc), Bree Sarka (Phase 3 Brands), David Hutcheson (Saddlepeak).
Objective: To communicate and partner with CKE IT, Operations and Facilities in order to pursue continued technology innovations that will keep on top of today’s and tomorrow’s technology, no matter how fast it moves, to ensure our franchisee community always have the best tools and technology available to them.
- To create and maintain a relationship and dialogue with HFS so as to provide franchisee input and to gain knowledge of IT, operations and facilities matters pertaining to the Hardee’s® Brand.
- To work internally and jointly with the IHFA Board, and Associate Members to explore means in which to improve the technology environment within the Hardee’s® Brand.
- To report on a monthly basis to the IHFA membership and the Board of Directors of activities and work of the IT and Energy Management Committee.